Details:Name Cultural Keys Phone 18611558781 Email [email protected] Category Martial Arts
Warrior’s Way 12-Day Kung Fu Bootcamp at the Shaolin Temple
Our Warrior’s Way programs are all-inclusive, starting with meeting participants in Beijing, guiding them to see some of the highlights of Beijing, then accompanying them down to the Shaolin Temple. While there, students will learn the Shaolin Tongbiquan form, Shaolin Jibengong Foundation Exercises, Shaolin stretch routines and be pushed to their physical limits.
Training at the temple is complemented by Yang style taichi classes every morning, and two Chinese Sanda (punch, kick and grappling) training sessions at Tagou Martial Arts Training Academy, one of the world’s largest martial arts schools.
In all, 2019’s expanded 12-day program includes:
– welcome dinner at one of Beijing’s best vegetarian restaurants
– guided visits to the Great Wall, Forbidden City and Tiananmen
– daily Shaolin Tongbiquan fist form classes inside the actual Shaolin Temple, with a genuine Shaolin Warrior Monk
– 2 strike training class at Shaolin Tagou Martial Arts School, China’s largest martial arts academy
– daily Yang Style taichi classes in Wangzhigou
– daily cardio, strength, conditioning and technique application training at the Shaolin Temple
– lecture on Buddhism, and the connection between Buddhism and Shaolin kung fu
– Guided tour of the Shaolin Temple
– Guided tour to the Pagoda Forest, Chuzu Convent, Erzu Convent, Damo Cave and Wuru Peak
– Opportunity to enjoy a Shaolin kung fu performance at the Shaolin Wushu Exhibition Centre
– Opportunity to enjoy a performance of the Zen Music Ritual in Dengfeng
– 2 Shaolin kung fu uniforms (Feiyue shoes, kung fu pants and Shaolin t-shirt)
– All transportation between Beijing and the Shaolin Temple (train and private minibus)
– accommodation in Beijing (May 22nd & 23rd) and in Wangzhigou (May 25th – June 2nd), a rural village 10 minutes walk from the Shaolin Temple
– All meals during the length of your time at the Shaolin Temple (breakfast, lunch and dinner) starting with breakfast in Zhengzhou on May 25th and ending with lunch on June 2nd
– Full-time native-English speaking translator and guide with you for the duration of the program
– Photos and videos taken of you during training
– Certificate of participation
Something that sets our program apart from other similar courses is the fact that we have designed it to include in-depth and traditional training, introducing as many aspects of true kung fu training as possible. That means training the 5 Concepts (Speed, Accuracy, Power, Hardness (resistance of the skin and bones to impact) and Martial Intent (mental fortitude to do what you must)) together, whereas most schools only focus on the first three. Indeed, the last two are the most difficult for people to train, but without them, you are not really training martial arts.
Aside from the martial aspect of training, living in a rural Chinese environment during these programs, being exposed to the daily life and culture of the Shaolin Temple, having the opportunity to learn more about Chan Buddhism and getting an inside look at what Shaolin martial arts really means, is what we, and our past participants, believe makes our program unique.
The price for the May 2019 12-Day Warrior’s Way program, inclusive of all the above listed items, is 7888 RMB (approx. $1324/£1008). Participants also have the opportunity to book optional extras, such as private rooms and extra sets of training clothes. Please contact us if you are interested in these additional benefits.
After an initial deposit payment of 20%, participants then have up until 1 month before the start of the program to pay the rest.
We have a maximum enrollment of 8 people on our Shaolin bootcamps. For full details of everything that is included in these programs, please see our website:
Or to book your place you can go directly to: