Please read these T&Cs carefully before booking or paying for any activity with Cultural Keys. By making a booking, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions as written here. If you have any questions about these terms and conditions, or have specific requirements, please contact us for further information.
We may modify these Terms and Conditions at any time without individual, specific notice to you, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified Terms and Conditions on our website.
1) The price of this program includes 6 nights accommodation (in your own private room) in Sanya, daily breakfast, 5 hours daily training in traditional Chinese taichi and qigong (total 25 hours), welcome presentation, welcome dinner and farewell dinner.
2) The price does not include flights, travel between the airport and hotel (30 minutes by taxi), all other meals, sightseeing or other daily expenses.
3) Accommodation is at the Sheraton Hotel, Yalong Bay, Sanya in an en-suite room with balcony.
4) Taichi and qigong training will be on the beach in front of the hotel every morning from 6-7, then 9-11, and in the evening 5-7pm. Training will include spirit and breath strengthening qigong, the 12-step Yang Style Taichi form, stretching, and warming cardio exercises.
5) This retreat is suitable for all levels of experience and fitness, but it is especially aimed at beginners and anyone wishing to invigorate their bodies through gentle Chinese exercise.
6) Bookings are confirmed on payment of a 50% deposit, with the final 50% due 7 days before the start of the course. We are unable to offer refunds (except in the situations mentioned in point 7), so if you are unable to attend after your deposit is paid, please find someone to take your place to avoid losing money.
7) If the retreat does not go ahead due to not reaching the minimum number of attendees, government travel restrictions, Covid-19 or hotel closure, full refunds for all monies paid will be made.
8) A minimum of 10 people are required for this retreat to go ahead. If we receive fewer than 10 bookings, the retreat will be cancelled and full refunds on monies paid will be issued.
9) Cultural Keys strongly encourages all participants to take out accident and health insurance before joining this program. Neither Cultural Keys, nor its staff or teachers will be held responsible for any accidents or illness suffered during your participation in this program.
10) Occasionally, discreet photos and videos will be taken during some of our classes. If you do not wish to have photos taken, we respectfully suggest this program is not for you.
11) Check in is available any time after 3pm on Nov 27th. Check out is 12pm on Dec 3rd.
12) All our training activities are planned to be done on the beach. In the case of bad weather, an alternative indoor location will be used.
13) As the beach is public, please be aware we have no way to stop passers by watching or taking photos of you practicing.
14) Due to the current pandemic, while the situation in China is improving daily, it is always possible that things could change suddenly, resulting in the unexpected cancellation of the program. As such, we strongly advise buying plane tickets with cancellation insurance, or at least with a very flexible cancellation option, so as not to lose money if the program does not go ahead. As the situation is out of our control, neither Cultural Keys, nor its staff or partners, will be held responsible for losses incurred due to the cancellation of the program.
15) During any Cultural Keys’ event, it is the individual’s responsibility to ensure they behave in a civilised manner, and to ensure they follow necessary health and safety at the event location, and all pertinent law and order requirements of the People’s Republic of China. Failure to do so may result in the exclusion of said participant from the event, with no refund offered to those who are removed.
16) This program is offered in English only. Please ensure you are able to follow English language instruction before signing up for the program, as we are unable to offer refunds if you are unable to follow the English language instruction.
17) Participants on a Cultural Keys’ Sanya Taichi Retreat under 17 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible parent or guardian who is also training.
18) Participants understand that during this program, class times and activities are scheduled. It is each participant’s responsibility to attend on time. While we will do everything possible to ensure the comfort of all participants, class times and content cannot be changed at participant request.
19) Cultural Keys reserve the right to refuse participants access to or remove them from the program if they are intoxicated, aggressive or offensive.
20) For your safety and wellbeing during the program, please follow all the instructions and advice given by the coach, team leader or Cultural Keys representative. Accident, injury or loss resulting from failure to do so will be the sole responsibility of the participant in question.
21) When Cultural Keys is responsible for ticket booking and purchase, a copy of your passport, with all details fully visible, may be required. In such cases, the passport copy will be destroyed once tickets have been purchased. If you don’t wish to share a copy with Cultural Keys, you take full responsibility for booking all your tickets. Cultural Keys cannot be held responsible for incorrect purchase, and refunds will not be offered to participants who are unable to join events due to issues with incorrect ticket purchase.
22) Due to the logistical requirements of this program, it is currently only available for booking by foreign passport holders. If Chinese citizens would like to book a program for their private group, please contact us for more information.
Payment of the initial fee will be considered acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions with regards to any of the above Terms and Conditions, feel free to contact us using the form below, or alternatively see our Contact Us page for other ways to get in touch.
Stay up-to-date with the latest offers, information and events from Cultural Keys. Follow our Official WeChat Account by scanning the QR code (click for larger image), or follow us on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn to be the first to know!
For more information about anything on this page, or for more information about Cultural Keys, please contact us or use the form below to let us know your specific requirements.
Mouseover to see left and right arrows
About Cultural Keys – The Chinese Culture Company
Cultural Keys helps people access, understand and experience the traditional culture of China. Click the image above to read more about Cultural Keys and what we can do for you, your school, company or organisation to help you get more out of your time in China!