Please read these T&Cs carefully before booking or paying for any activity with Cultural Keys. By making a booking, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions as written here. If you have any questions about these terms and conditions, or have specific requirements, please contact us for further information.
We may modify these Terms and Conditions at any time without individual, specific notice to you, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified Terms and Conditions on our website.
1) Cultural Keys’ martial arts and lion dancing workshops and programs are offered as both scheduled and private events. Scheduled events are offered to the public as per the listed details. Private events are offered to private groups and subject to the agreed booking conditions.
2) Bookings for public scheduled martial arts and lion dancing workshops and programs are only confirmed once payment has been received. For private workshops and programs, the payment schedule agreed upon by both parties shall be applied.
3) Cultural Keys will use all commercially viable methods to ensure the smooth operation of martial arts and lion dancing workshops and programs, according to the outlined event details. In the case where Force Majeure prevents Cultural Keys from providing the event as outlined, full refunds or rebooking shall be offered to participants.
4) Cultural Keys scheduled martial arts and lion dancing workshops and programs have a required minimum number of participants. If that minimum number is not met within 72 hours of the event, the event will be cancelled and full refunds offered.
5) For publicly scheduled martial arts and lion dancing workshops and programs, once payment has been made, we are unable to offer refunds if the participant is unable to attend and suggest participants find someone to take their place if necessary. For private martial arts and lion dancing workshops and programs, if the client needs to reschedule an event after payment, a mutually acceptable date can be decided upon by both parties. If the client subsequently needs to cancel the event, the following refund terms will be offered:
- 30+ days before date of event: all fees refunded, minus logistics fee
- 13-29 days before event: 50% of fees paid refunded, minus logistics fee
- 6-12 days before event: 25% of fees paid refunded, minus logistics fee
- 1-5 days before event: 10% of fees paid refunded, minus logistics fee
- 24 hours or less before event: no refunds offered
6) All information presented during a Cultural Keys’ martial arts and lion dancing workshops and programs is the sole IP of Cultural Keys (unless otherwise stated). Information and materials, including photos, videos, presentations, handouts and topic introductions and research notes, should not be distributed to parties outside of the event participants without the express consent of Cultural Keys.
7) While participants of all experience and physical capability levels are encouraged to join Cultural Keys martial arts and lion dancing workshops and programs, those who join us should be aware that the events can be demanding in terms of physical, mental and coordination efforts required. Cultural Keys strongly suggests participants consult their medical practitioner before taking part in any activity requiring more effort than they are used to.
8) Cultural Keys, our staff, teachers, guides and third party partners will always make the best possible effort to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our event participants. However, participants in all events organised by Cultural Keys are strongly encouraged to ensure they have appropriate insurance coverage against loss or damage to personal property, personal injury or illness, medical expenses and cancellation expenses. Please note that neither Cultural Keys, nor our staff, teachers, guides and third party partners can accept any liability relating to personal injury or illness, loss or damage to personal equipment, or any other unforeseen events that occur during our events, except where explicitly compelled by the relevant laws and regulations.
9) Unless otherwise stated (or agreed upon for private events), Cultural Keys’ martial arts and lion dancing workshops and programs are held in English, with translation from Chinese into English, where appropriate. Please ensure you (or your participants, for private events) are able to follow English language instruction before signing up for the event, as we are unable to offer refunds if you (or your participants) are unable to follow English language instruction.
10) Participants on Cultural Keys martial arts and lion dancing workshops and programs under 17 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible parent or guardian who is also participating.
11) Participants understand that during Cultural Keys martial arts and lion dancing workshops and programs, times and activities are scheduled. It is each participant’s responsibility to join on time. While we will do everything possible to ensure the comfort of all participants, presentation start times and content cannot be changed at participant request, unless expressly requested and confirmed before hand.
12) Cultural Keys reserve the right to refuse participants access to or remove them from the event if they are intoxicated, aggressive or offensive.
13) For participants’ safety and wellbeing during the workshop, participants are asked to ensure they follow all the instructions given by the Cultural Keys representative. Accident, injury or loss resulting from failure to do so will be the sole responsibility of the participant in question.
14) Photos and videos of participants may be taken during the course of the presentation. If participants do not want their photo and video taken, please let us explicitly know at the time of booking. Failure to so so will be taken as consent to take photos and videos of participant activities.
Payment of the initial fee will be considered acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions with regards to any of the above Terms and Conditions, feel free to contact us using the form below, or alternatively see our Contact Us page for other ways to get in touch.
Stay up-to-date with the latest offers, information and events from Cultural Keys. Follow our Official WeChat Account by scanning the QR code (click for larger image), or follow us on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn to be the first to know!
For more information about anything on this page, or for more information about Cultural Keys, please contact us or use the form below to let us know your specific requirements.
Mouseover to see left and right arrows
About Cultural Keys – The Chinese Culture Company
Cultural Keys helps people access, understand and experience the traditional culture of China. Click the image above to read more about Cultural Keys and what we can do for you, your school, company or organisation to help you get more out of your time in China!