The Year of the Rat is officially behind us, and it’s time to start planning for the powerful Ox! While we still need to be cautious and follow all official advice, that doesn’t mean we can’t look forward to exciting events in the months ahead!
And what better way to start the Year of the Ox than a week of rest, relaxation and mindful taichi practice on a beautiful south China beach?
Please note: This retreat was originally scheduled to begin March 7th, but due to Beijing implementing a strict re-entry policy, it has been rescheduled for later in March.
Join Cultural Keys in Sanya this March and release all your tension with 5 days of taichi and qigong on the beach at the Holiday Inn Resort Sanya Bay, for just 4988RMB.
The price includes:
– 6 nights stay in shared twin rooms at the Holiday Inn Resort Sanya Bay
– daily buffet breakfast
– 5 hours of daily taichi and qigong training (25 hours in total)
– welcome dinner and presentation
In just 5 days, you will have the opportunity to reconnect with your body by learning the Yang Style 12-step form, re-energize your spirit through traditional Chinese deep breath qigong, and refocus your mind by taking in the wonderful sights and sounds of sunny Sanya whenever you aren’t practicing.
A truly all-encompassing short break away!
Our itinerary for this Sanya retreat is designed to allow you to enjoy the benefits of our taichi training program as well as giving you enough freedom to relax and enjoy Sanya in whatever way suits you best.
- Sunday March 21st 7pm – Welcome dinner and orientation at Holiday Inn Resort Sanya Bay.
– 6am – 7am Sunrise qigong & warm-up
– 9-11am Taichi
– 11am-5pm Free time to explore Sanya
– 5-7pm Taichi & sunset qigong
- Friday 26th – 8pm – Farewell dinner
This program is offered based on the assumption that government travel advice will ease by March. In order to address COVID concerns, places can be confirmed on payment of a 50% deposit. If government advice on travel changes or if new restrictions are in place by March, full refunds will be issued.
In order to bring more clarity and value to the culture and tourism industry, Cultural Keys is voluntarily showing our pricing breakdown, so clients can see exactly what they are paying for. All prices are per person.
6 Nights Shared Accomodation – 2300RMB
2 Group Meals – 200RMB
Cultural Keys’ Staff Transport – 300MB
Cultural Keys’ Staff Accommodation – 830MB
Cultural Keys’ Supplementary Costs – 1358MB
1) Do I need to have experience to join this retreat?
You don’t need any experience in taichi or martial arts to join this program. It is perfect for beginners and all levels of experience are welcome to join.
2) Do I need a certain level of fitness or health to join?
While this retreat is good for everyone, and the benefits to mental and physical health will be apparent no matter what your current physical condition, we do recommend talking to your doctor if you are concerned about undertaking this training. It is not designed to be intense, but 5 hours a day is still a lot compared to what you may be used to.
3) Will there be any fighting on this retreat?
This retreat is focused on your mental, physical and spiritual well being. It is not a fighting course, and there is no competition or conflict involved. Occasionally however, you may be asked to help others stretch, or to have your posture corrected, or work with a partner to practice a particular movement or technique. In all cases these activities are conducted in a way to make sure you feel safe and comfortable and under no pressure.
4) Can my family join me on this retreat?
You are welcome to bring anyone you wish with you on this program. However do please note that training and meals will only be available to those who have signed up for the retreat. You and your family member(s) will need your own room which will be at additional cost and subject to availability.
5) Can I arrange my own accommodation?
You are welcome to do so, however you will be responsible for making your own way to the classes which take place in and around the Holiday Inn Resort Sanya Bay.
6) Can I arrive earlier and/or leave later than the dates of the program?
You are welcome to do so, but unfortunately we are unable to assist you in booking extra nights at the Holiday Inn Resort Sanya Bay or other hotels.
7) Do I need to have a test before joining this retreat?
At time of writing, Hainan Island and our hotel require all travellers to have a negative nucleic acid test result dated within 3 days of arrival. This may no longer be required by the time we depart. For your own peace of mind please stay up to date on all the relevant health advice regarding travel to Hainan and re-entry into your city of residence.
8) Is the class taught in private?
Our daily taichi and qigong classes are taught on the beach in front of our hotel, a 5 minute walk. It is a public beach, but is quite far up the coast, so is not very busy. There might be some people in the area however, so do bear in mind that some people might stop and watch us training.
9) Who is the teacher?
Our taichi and qigong classes are taught by AJ Donnelly, the British co-founder of Cultural Keys. He has been practicing taichi, amongst other styles, for more than 20 years, and has extensive experience in teaching groups large and small.
10) Can I pay by credit card?
While WeChat is our preferred method of payment, you are welcome to pay with credit card. Please note there will be a 3% processing charge added to the price to cover payments with credit cards.
What have other people said about our martial arts programs?
Terms & Conditions
Before signing up, please take time to read through our Terms & Conditions, as payment will be taken as acceptance of these terms.
1) The price of this program is 4988RMB per person. The price includes 6 nights accommodation (in a shared twin bedroom) in Sanya, daily breakfast, 5 hours daily training in traditional Chinese Taichi and Qigong (total 25 hours), welcome presentation, welcome dinner and farewell dinner.
2) The price does not include flights, travel between the airport and hotel (15 minutes by taxi), all other meals, sightseeing or other daily expenses.
3) Accommodation is at the Holiday Inn Resort in Sanya Bay, Sanya in a twin ensuite bedroom sharing with someone of the same gender. If you wish to book your own room (at extra cost) please contact us for availability.
4) Taichi and qigong training will be on the beach in front of the hotel every morning from 6-7, then 9-11, and in the evening 5-7pm. Training will include spirit and breath strengthening qigong, the 12-step Yang Style Taichi form, stretching, and warming cardio exercises.
5) This retreat is suitable for all levels of experience and fitness, but it is especially aimed at beginners and anyone wishing to invigorate their bodies through gentle Chinese exercise.
6) Bookings are confirmed on payment of a 50% deposit, with the final 50% due 7 days before the start of the course. We are unable to offer refunds (except in the situations mentioned in point 7), so if you are unable to attend after your deposit is paid, please find someone to take your place to avoid losing money.
7) If the retreat does not go ahead due to not reaching the minimum number of attendees, government travel restrictions, Covid-19 or hotel closure, full refunds for all monies paid will be made.
8) A minimum of 10 people are required for this retreat to go ahead. If we receive fewer than 10 bookings, the retreat will be cancelled and full refunds on monies paid will be issued.
9) Cultural Keys strongly encourages all participants to take out accident and health insurance before joining this program. Neither Cultural Keys, nor its staff or teachers will be held responsible for any accidents or illness suffered during your participation in this program.
10) Occasionally, discreet photos and videos will be taken during some of our classes. If you do not wish to have photos taken, we respectfully suggest this program is not for you.
11) Check in is available any time after 3pm on March 21st. Check out is 12pm on March 27th.
12) All our training activities are planned to be done on the beach. In the case of bad weather, an alternative indoor location will be chosen.
13) As the beach is public, please be aware we have no way to stop passers by watching or even taking photos of you training.
14) Due to the current pandemic, while the situation in China is improving daily, it is always possible that things could change suddenly, resulting in the unexpected cancellation of the program. As such, we strongly advise buying plane tickets with cancellation insurance, or at least with a very flexible cancellation option, so as not to lose money if the program can not go ahead. As the situation is out of our control, neither Cultural Keys, nor its staff or partners, will be held responsible for losses incurred due to the cancellation of the program.
For more information on this amazing program, or if you have any questions, scan the QR code or email us at [email protected] We’ll be happy to answer any questions you have. We look forward to seeing you in Sanya!
– Cultural Keys
Stay up-to-date with the latest offers, information and events from Cultural Keys. Follow our Official WeChat Account by scanning the QR code (click for larger image), or follow us on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn to be the first to know!
For more information about anything on this page, or for more information about Cultural Keys, please contact us or use the form below to let us know your specific requirements.
About Cultural Keys Chinese Culture Centre
Cultural Keys helps people access, understand and experience the traditional culture of China. Click the image above to read more about Cultural Keys and what we can do for you, your school, company or organisation to help you get more out of your time in China!